I takes a small trip up to Town

(it was about time I got out of the house)
the first wonderful thing that happened to me was this poemWhalesong*

I boom-mumble ____ I bass-blow
I hull-heavy _______I big/slow
I boat-bump ______-I limpet-skin
I soft-sink ________I sky-swim
I sea-search ______ I salt-swallow
I bone-backed _____I fluke-follow
I gulf-cross _______I listen-talk
I moon-map _______I wave-walk
I tail-turn ________I time-keep
I ship-wreck ______I song-seek
I blue-blood ______ I grumble-sing
I fish-heart _______I dream king


Sophie Stephenson-Wright (*read it aloud to appreciate its true wonderfulness) turns out she's a 19-year old Londoner who won a Poem on the Underground competition I was a tube train where I enountered above poem. . . transport art is excellent, isn't it?with a day starting out like that, I'm amazed it got any better - but it did! (of which, more later)
(but I came home on the bus, so no more poems)

14 comments:

Zig said...

tell all!

Zig said...

please <]:)

english inukshuk said...

I like your witchy hat!!

(-:

XXXX

Zig said...

wasn't it raining on your travels?
*sigh*
I can't remember when it didn't rain - used tot think I had SADS but now realise it's RADS! or more likely MADS (M for MUD!)
XxXxX

english inukshuk said...

do you know, I managed to dodge the rain - when I was "in" it was raining out and when I was "out" it wasn't raining. . .

. . . but I am fed up with the grey skies. . .

Anonymous said...

Love this poem!And I'm with Zig.

Christopher said...

Is there a clue to what happened next in the whale's eye, gateway to unguessed-at revelations?

katherine. said...

so...off topic

I've got a kid in Spain for the next five months. There is a slight...maybe 17% chance I'd go visit her.

Maybe a stopover in London would be in order. Maybe big MAYBE.

just thinkin'

Mel said...

Oh.

k.....well then.
I was going to tell you how awesome the poem is--and then I heard katherine had a kiddo in Spain for FIVE MONTHS?!!? (holy cow....)
And that there's a slight chance (17%) for a stopover in London.

And I momentarily forgot the poem cuz I was "OMG"-ing.

*ahem* Right.
The poem--is awesome!
And I'm excited to know the 'what else' of the day.....but I'm STILL "OMG"-ing that 17%.

NOT my fault--I'm blaming katherine. :-/

katherine. said...

laughing laughing laughing

Lauren...who just turned 23 is studying in Bilbao. She just left last week.

I have never been to Europe.

english inukshuk said...

I have never been to Spain (but there's a brochure about its wonderful cities just to my left)

so, 17% katherine. stops overs in London, 83% I might pop over to Spain in the next five months

Bilbao?!?!?!?!?!?!?! doesn't get much better than that!!!! lucky lucky Lauren. . . and what an opportunity. . . for the mom

*grins*

the poem is totally awesome, isn't it!!!!!

I love you people

just sayin'

Mel said...

Ohhhh...kiddos are GREAT excuses!

Wow....I'm happy for Lauren.....and for the moms 17%....and for the other mom's 83%.

There's 100% chance I'm bonding with a word doc today......wow...pales in comparison. *laughing*

Mel said...

ohohOH!! :-)

I like the withcy hat too!! :-)
Maybe I'll locate mine and wear it while I'm doing the word doc...kinda befitting. LOL

Anonymous said...

Wow those %s are fantastic!

And poetry on the tubes! What a wonderful idea. What joy to have something other than adverts to read while travelling!