it smells so sweet

as I walk around, from time to time the fragrance of flowers assaults my sense. . .

Nothing Hill is full of VERY POSH houses and in some of the front gardens the delightful five-windmill-blade-petalled-flowers of jasmine tumble over the front walls creating a cloud of scent which envelops me as I walk past. . .
. . .not that you have to be posh to have lovely flowers in your garden, at I,LTV Towers there were lavender bushes in the front wall which over the six years I lived there became so huge I had to trim them back each autumn so as they didn't take up all the pavement space that the mothers with prams and the children on their scooters and the people walking their dogs and the postman needed to get by (rather than having to walk in the road); many a time I noticed people running their hands thru the lavender or sneaking off with a sprig or two. . .
. . .there is lavender also in Nothing Hill, but it seems to be mainly in tubs at the front door or window boxes, so I can't detect it; there is the occasional house with honeysuckle rampaging over the front walls. . .
lots of houses have olive trees. . .
and bay. . .
. . .which were both also in the front strip at I,LTV T. . .

it's a veritable pot pouri!

2 comments:

Z said...

I have a honeysuckle just outside the door. The flowers are nothing much, but the scent is wonderful and perfumes the whole area. One year, a long time ago, I grew heliotrope. The scent in the evening was fabulous.

Mel said...

We have corn. LOL. There's a scent all of its own....eau de field of corn. Turn up the heat and humidity and there's an earthy, sweet smell. The farmers say it's the smell of money. But they say the same about cow pooh....which doesn't even come close to smelling the same, thank G-d!! LOL...oh wait, weren't we talking a walk around Nothing Hill?
Kinda guessing they dom't grow corn in that neighborhood, huh?
Olives....certainly not the harvesting type. Okokok....this is where
Mel looks horticulturally inept cuz she is!