constantly craving cucumber

(as opposed to DSS)

so, there I was, strolling about town (well, to be precise, up and down the High Street of SWSomeThingOrOther) in the dark and gloom and drizzle that made up an early January afternoon in my neck of the forest. . .

. . .and. . .

. . .I had the strangest desire to eat cucumber
weird huh? yeah, that's what I thought! of course I cannot share that odd (but slightly boring) thought with you without livening it up a little. . .
hmmmmmmmmmmm. . . that might not be considered "enlivening", so how about this. . .

(which, if you're wondering, is cucumber and lemon cake with elderflower icing) (yum!) on the other hand, if you fancy something with a little more oomph to it, there's always a cucumber cocktail. . .
but if that's not your cup of tea, how about this. . .

and let's not forget that in the middle of the gloom of early January, before we know it it'll be hot hot hot again and one of these will (possibly) be highly sought after

very little of which has anything to do with the song that popped into my head the second after I'd thought about eating a slice or two of cucumber

10 comments:

Mel said...

Not that any look particularly appetizing when you're having coffee in dark of morning...I was thinking about cake. But I think about cake a LOT--not that I ate it on a regular basis before, but...when you suddenly can't have something, of COURSE you want it.
Ummmmm.....but not that cake--lemon, cucumber and flowery frosting?! Uh uh.
Pumpkin--with cream cheese frosting.....

BUT--if it weren't about coffee drinking and I had to pick?
The cute little star and heart cucumber slices! Yeahyeah....simplicity for my complicated, convoluted head. LOL

Mel said...

I've decided I could go for the tea and try that (though I must admit it sounds a bit yucky, too...). A sip maybe. Or maybe just a smell.

You DO know that some things just do NOT go together, yes?

k.....just felt a need to remind you.

Yahhhhh.....I just read the small print on the tea box. Pass.

Rimshot said...

lime and cucumber 'infused' water in the summer is amazingly refreshing. I tried it for the first time last year. And I assume that it has to be good for your (or at least not bad for you).

Mel said...

k....lime and cucumber it is, then. Let's leave the tea out of it, shall we?

:-)

Mel said...

I want you to know we had lime and left over cucumber (of the hot house variety--not stars or hearts I'm sad to say) and I dumped some in a glass of water.
Aside from giggling at being attacked by the floating fruits and veggie every time I drank, I can't say it was bad.

STILL prefer coffee.
Just sayin'.....

(__)? Black, please.

Rimshot said...

speaking of coffee... we got one of those fancy keurig single cup at a time makers and the missus has taken a shine to a type of k-cup called Dark Magic. I thought I liked my coffee strong, but this is too much for me. I'll stick with good ol' Newman's Own® Organics Special Blend Extra Bold. Cream and sugar, please.

In other news. Just watched the second episode of season 3 or Sherlock. Dunno if it's just me but they're not as good this year.

english inukshuk said...

people! it sounds like regular coffee all round then? ok, topping you up. . .

(-:

and Ms Mel you know - after all these years - however many there are - that there is always good ole regular French pressed warm and waiting for your (_)?

(-:

XXX

and and, shot, yes, we're all gutted that Sherlock has gone too far the way of Stephen Moffat. . . The Teen Turned Twenty was outraged, I was non-plussed (I mean, Benedict Cummerbatch is Benedict Cummerbatch after all. . . what's not to like?) but the story didn't engage me (especially seeing as I'd sussed the MO from far too early on)

erm, dare I ask, has a parcel been sent from yours to mine. . . nothing's arrived )-: any tracking info? no prob if you've been busy

Rimshot said...

I'm ever so embarrassed to say that I just managed it today. (5 Feb)

I emailed you the tracking number (FedEx).

Here's hoping it arrives quickly and undamaged.

Rimshot said...

word ver; you eatomic...what is the blog robot implying?

english inukshuk said...

sweetie - please don't worry, I'm just so grateful that you have helped me out (-: (and now that it's not been lost in the post!)

thank you muchly XXX

erm, eatomatic? possibly. . . (-;