you'll be very pleased to know that

Today Is Very Good Looking, Damn Smart Woman's Day
.
(well, to be truthful, most days around here are. . .)(I digress)

please share this with someone you think fits this description and remember this motto to live by: life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body: but rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, glass half-full in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!". . .
.

inside every older person is a younger person -
wondering what the hell happened
Cora Harvey Armstrong

*
inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out(but I can usually shut the bitch up with cookies)
~ Unknown ~
*
the hardest years in life are those between ten and seventy
Helen Hayes (at 73)
*
I refuse to think of them as chin hairs. . .I think of them as stray eyebrows
Janette Barber
*
my second favorite household chore is ironing;
my first one being - hitting my head on the top bunk bed
until I faint
Erma Bombeck
.
*
old age ain't no place for sissies
Bette Davis
*

thirty-five is when you finally get your head togetherand then your body starts falling apart
Caryn Leschen
*

I'm not going to vacuum'til Sears makes one you can ride on
Roseanne Barr
. *

behind every successful manis a surprised woman
Maryon Pearson
*
nobody can make you feel inferiorwithout your permission
Eleanor Roosevelt
*
if you can't be a good example. . . . . .then you'll just have to be a horrible warning
Catherine X
*
and don't forget:
when life hands you lemons,
ask for tequila and salt and call me over!!

4 comments:

Mel said...

Yup. I'm all about this one--every day!
A woman with an attitude! :-)

And it's mine, mine, MINE all MINE!!

english inukshuk said...

yup! it's yours alright, dearheart!!

and mig's, dinah's, Zig's, katherine.'s and and and

shame there's not a Damn Fine Smart Men's Day, eh? I wonder why that is. . .

Spadoman said...

I was going to make a real nice positive comment, but if that's what you think about men, well, I won't bother. I'll just tell the truth. You're a damn smart fine looking woman, (I've never seen you, but how can you be anything but perfect?)

Peace.

english inukshuk said...

no, it's not

(-;

and I have your good self, that lovely Vicus and possibly Christopher as the exceptions that prove the rule

(I say possibly Christopher, because if he addresses me as EI(EIO) one more time I may have to send him to see The Headmistress. . .)

as for me, I'm certainly not perfect - but I'm working hard on my imperfections! we all know that those are what make a person more interesting

(-:

XXX