it's coming near Christmas, they're cuttin' down trees
they're puttin' up reindeer and singing songs of joy and peace


I wish I had a river I could skate away on

it don't snow here, it stays pretty green
I'm gonna make a lot of money and I'm gonna quit this crazy scene
I wish I had a river I could skate away on

I wish I had a river so long I could teach my feet to fly

I made my baby cry. . . he tried hard to help me, he put me at ease
he loved me so naughty, made me weak in the knees
I wish I had a river I could skate away on

I'm so hard to handle, I'm selfish, and I'm sad
I went and lost the best baby I ever had
I wish I had a river I could skate away on


7 comments:

Mel said...

OHmygosh.....it's been forever since I'd heard this one. Of course I was a Joni Mitchell/Joan Baez fan onceuponatime.
That last photo is phenomenal--reminds me of sunrise/sunset at the river, here....which I've taken to indulging in lately.

english inukshuk said...

it is always soooooooooo good to hear a wonderful song

does amazing things for the soul, eh

(-:

Rimshot said...

Is it bad that the first Joni I think of is Ritchie's sister from "Happy Days"?

english inukshuk said...

no, that's wonderful! funnily enough I was thinking of Happy Days only yesterday as Henry Winkler was spotted shopping in a local town (-:

XXX

Mel said...

People still 'spot' Henry Winkler? *laughing* JUST askin'!

And oh, lemme see.... Regular, a bit stronger than most care to drink--a spot of cream and a half a sugar, please.

I'm mixing it up for the Holiday season.
Which isn't to say I'd take eggnog in a cuppa coffee like youknowho offered to provide me with last evening.
*gak*

Mel said...

It's time for eggnog and cookies and hot cider with cinnamon sticks! Oh, and bring on the turkey!
(it's defrosting as I type--and NO I won't be roasting it...thank goodness for he-who-likes-to-cook)

Happy Christmas Eve!!
Hoping you and yours celebrate in style!

Rimshot said...

Ahem...may I trouble you to email me your package delivery address of choice? ;)