all change!

well, that was short lived

on with the new

she writes, wearing her Christmas pyjamas. . . yes, Christmas pyjamas! and why not, I asks you. . .

they even have polar bears on them - and you know how much I likes polar bears

one of my favourite images of polar bears is that painted by Theodor Kittelsen (a Norwegian, and you know how much I likes all things Norway. . .)
see what I mean? what's not to like? ok, I know. . . now you want to see the Christmas pjs. . . ok then. . .
what? you can't see the polar bears? try this:
how's that? and, do you know what. . . I wore the top all day today, just like a shirt - fab! (-:

(yes, still smiling, despite everything)

it transpires that I really only have what my teens/twenty year old call "First World Problems"

that kind of puts it all in perspective, doesn't it?

ha ha

right, well it's late and I'm rambling so I suppose I ought to head off to someplace where I won't bother you good people. . .

come back soon tho, I went to Ireland and I have photos! I found shells and (rather naughtily) brought them home to make xmas decs with!

I visited my two favourite shops in Dublin! see, it's quite good really (-:

in other news (hang on, you think, she promised to stop bothering me and she's still wittering on) (nothing ever changes, eh) Teen Too has turned eighteen and on the very day had an interview at Cambridge University no less. . . he was always the clever one, if you'll remember correctly from way way back; he already has an offer of a place at one of the top universities in his chosen field (Astro Physics) so we've been calling him "Professor Pat" which will make sense to those of you familiar with Professor Brian
but not to anyone else. . . (and for those of you who don't know, Our Pats is far better looking than Prof B)

in other other news, The Teen (now 20, believe it or not) is not only news editor of the college newspaper but also directing a play (and achieving Firsts in his essays) (wonders will never cease, eh). . .

in other other other news, Mini-Teen HATES chemistry but has a fun Saturday job (with staff discount!) and still has amazingly cork screwed curly hair. . .

and yours truly has missed you all (especially you - yes you! you at the back!)

X

ps you still here? want a sneak preview of I's Ireland images? try this for size. . . (so long as you have a head for heights!)

8 comments:

Vicus Scurra said...

love and peace

Mel said...

HOLY cow.....
I looked and realized it was all DOWN. (amazing photo, though!)

And I adore the jammies...and the fact that you wore the top for a top...um....yeahwell, you know what I mean!
And I'm happy to hear the little geniuses are hard at work, becoming responsible and busy adults (with discounts...LOL).

I can't say I'm 'happy' about the 'short lived', but as a firm believer in things happening as they're suppose to.....okeydokeyfine... Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and wear penguin jammies!!
I'll eagerly await the ornaments from shells. Mostly cuz I'm amazed at your creativity and have a truckload of shells that scream at me to free them from the glass that holds them.

english inukshuk said...

Vicus lots of it please! X

Mel hold onto your hat, there's more like that coming. . .

can't go wrong with polar bear jammies, me thinks (-:

little geniuses you say - guess what, during one of his interviews at one of the top science university colleges Teen Too was having a discussion with the professors and Teen Too pointed out something that the prof had failed to notice

crikey, that boy

(still doesn't eat his fruits and veggies tho - only "grown" stuff that goes into his mouth is baked beans out of a tin and OJ)

yup, a little bit of dusting off going on (see previous comment) but it's a lesson well learned and I'm not making it twice

shell ornaments AND oyster shell candles (-: photos soon!!!

(oh and I'll show you photos of my jars of sand too, if you're interested!)

XXX

Mel said...

Pola bear/penguin jammies are good for the soul, methinks. I might own a pair.....or two. And slippers... that I an no longer wear. Pffftt...just makes it easy to find me gifts this time of year. ;-) Sand...shells...rocks...I'm all about 'em!! And I'll look forward to the photos.
Mostly, I smile at having you present, if even just for a little bit.
And I like being stuck in the middle most times. It gives me LOTS of opportunities.

Rimshot said...

I must admit I'm a bit lost, but really, that's the case with me most of the time irrespective of topic, so I'll just carry on. Ireland, you say? How lovely. I'm hoping to go one day before I've shuffled off this mortal coil.

english inukshuk said...

shot how can you be lost? you know exactly where you are! you're there. . . (and I'm here, more's the pity)

Ireland is LOVELY and you must go as soon as you can get there

more photos of its loveliness coming soon to a blog near you (that's be here then)(so keep your eyes peeled!)

(that is such a BIZARRE notion, isn't it? peeling one's eyes. . . must look that up. . .)

Mel I think you probably like being anywhere, because anywhere with you in it would be a very special place indeed (-:

Z said...

Your children are so clever, you must be proud. I don't know why I've never been to Ireland, I've long wanted to. Perhaps next year.

english inukshuk said...

Z they AMAZE me, Z. . . not so much proud as astonished and kind of in awe (but don't tell them I said that, lol)

Ireland is divine - the costal towns and beaches of Cork and the very western tips of Galway are my favourite parts, Dublin is very special too. . . Roundstone is incredible

but it's one of those places you need to discover for yourself really

will sort out my photos and share a little more when I'm slightly more organised (-: